- Post a link to your homework page to the comments section of this blog post, your home work page should contain a link to your delicious tags and show your 5 bookmarks of sites that are excellent, lets take a look at them
- what is web 2.0
- SEO madness
- Top 25 APIs
- an aside -- the possibility of a new artformis Carl Rove a Genius on Par with Marcel Duchamp?
- We will be looking at the pirate page and thinking about how it would be best done but first we need to cover some other material
- First Get the Web Developer Tools! Do it now!
- A quick word aboutWeb Standards
- STRUCTURE REVIEW and SEMANTIC MARKUP:
- My Semantic Markup bookmarks
- Using Meaningful (Semantic)
- Logical Structure using Meaningful Elements (examples)
- Additional Structure using divs and spans with meaningful,
structural IDs and class names.
- Validation and
types, DOCTYPE switching, browser modes
- How would be the best way to have done the Pirate Page
- Bill of RIghts
For next class:
- Contact your client and ask them to fill out a Client Survey form.
- Create your own form or use this as a guide:
- Only offer services you are able to provide and make sure the client
understands that this is a class project and you have a schedule to keep.
- Please ask them to return the form by next class meeting.
Skills practice and Reading
- Semantic Markup practice finish and style Bill of Rights-- all semantic markup try to use as simple CSS as you can
- Read Chapter 1 in CSS Mastery